Tips & Recommendations
Information on healthy eating and lifestyle.
1. Aim to drink a gallon of water per day. Your body needs water to function properly. Without proper hydration you can’t lose body fat efficiently. You will not build or maintain muscle.
2. To help lower blood sugar, improve digestion and aid in weight loss, drink 1 tbs of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 tbs of real lemon juice mixed in a glass of water every morning and every evening before bed. The vinegar may upset your stomach at first, this is normal and it gets easier with consistent use.
- 1000 mg fish oil 3x a day for overall health.
- digestive enzymes 3x a day. They promote digestion by breaking down the macro and micro nutrients in our food so our bodies can better absorb and benefit from those nutrients.
- probiotics 1x daily. They help promote digestion, weight loss, immune function and overall health by balancing the good bacteria in our guts.
- turmeric is beneficial for overall health and is widely known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
*You should always consult your physician or other health care professional before taking these or anything else to determine if it is right for your needs.
4. Use organic unrefined coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil when cooking… adding a tablespoon to each meal after it’s cooked, won’t hurt either!
5. It’s important to read nutrition facts labels but it’s even more important to read the INGREDIENTS!!! STAY AWAY from foods that have sugar, wheat, soy, gluten, preservatives, artificial flavors/colors/sweeteners and/or any form of corn.
6. Eat out in moderation. Our bodies were not made to handle the amount of processed foods and hydrogenated oils that are found in restaurants.
7. Examples for snacking in between meals:
- celery, cucumbers, salad, any raw or cooked vegetables.
- fruit (limit to 1 cup/piece per day, earlier in the day or immediately after a workout) Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and apples are great choices.
- one avocado a day provides healthy fats, fiber and nutrients that are great for your health!
- boiled eggs.
- handful of almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, or Brazil nuts.
- vegan based protein shake.
8. Stop eating peanut butter. It’s genetically modified. Almond or cashew butter are healthier choices.
9. Stay active.
10. Plan a cheat meal every week, enjoy it and get back on track.
11. Learn to deal with stress. When your body is stressed it will shut down or slow a lot of important body functions such as proper digestion of food, efficient fat loss, building muscle. When you’re stressed, your hormones get thrown off causing you to gain body fat easier, lose muscle, lowered immune system, become more susceptible to illness and disease. Find ways to make your life more peaceful and your health and fitness goals will become easier to reach.
*Eating healthy and staying active strengthens the heart, lungs and bones. It helps keep arteries and veins clear. It reduces blood sugar levels and controls weight. It helps prevent cancer. It regulates blood pressure. It improves energy levels and enhances emotional well being.
*MOST IMPORTANTLY: BE PATIENT WITH YOURSELF! Results don't happen overnight, they happen with consistency and self-discipline, so stick to the plan!